Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Banner


I went to my friend's house the other day for a surprise party and she had a birthday banner! It was SO cute that it inspired me to make one. Mine is a lot different than hers and even different than what I had in my head to make. I just kind of made it up as I went along. I had a lot of fabric scraps from a quilt I am making so it was nice to use the scraps. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and wanted to use it for this project but just ended up using iron-on stuff. My mother-in-law calls it wonder-under. The lady at the store called it fusion and the package said something totally different. So basically it is just iron-on double-sided backing. I am just happy I actually finished a project, and it only took me a few hours (like 5).
This is the back.
I decided to add a yo-yo as the dot on the "i" at the last moment.
I am so happy we get to use it for my baby Henry's first birthday on the 16th. Yes, Hen is almost ONE! He is such a little boy. I just want to snuggle him up.

6 comments:

  1. I like it!. Someday, when I have a life, I want to copy some of the things you do.
    Hey, you should bake a "Gutsinker Cake" and put it in on here. Nobody will believe what goes into it.
    How do I become a follower? I couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment on here the other day but it's not here!

    I love this! I have seen other but I love yours the best! The fabric and colors are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, The follower button is at the very top-left in the blue blooger bar. Someday, it would be fun if we lived by eachother and could do fun projects together.

    Jamie, THANKS! I got this fabric in UT before I came out here. I can't find fabric here that I "LOVE" like in Utah. I want to make your rose wreath. We should get together and do some projects. p.s. you should add me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! I love the fabric combos. I can't believe Henry is one! He is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done it again my friend. It is cuter than I can explain on a comment without sounding insincere. Ps. You said blooger.

    ReplyDelete