Thursday, April 14, 2011

shall I make cinnamon rolls for lunch?

hmmm, don't mind if I do.

I have never made cinnamon rolls before. I saw a recipe on ourbestbites.com this morning and decided to give it a try. I started about 10:30 and they came out of the oven at 12:30. I thought they would take longer to rise and all that. They were really simple and really yummy!
I was going to take pictures of each step but I forgot a few... the dough was easy. Then you roll it out and spread on the yummy goodness.

Then you roll it up and cut it (with dental floss) and put them in a pan to rise for 30 min.

Then you bake them until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Then you frost them and enjoy! There is nothing better than a warm fresh cinnamon roll.

First time cinnamon roll making = yummy success :)

6 comments:

  1. That is a LOT of cinnamon, sugar, and butter. I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...I might have to make some tomorrow for Saturday breakfast-my recipe is an overnight refrigerator one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I want to come to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good Micah! Come on over:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em i dont think i sould look at your blog any more when im prego. it makes me want your yummy food. like right now i really want a roll. they look so good. seems like your quite the cook.
    hope all is well and that you and all three of your litte boys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a beautiful little cook. Everything I touch turns to magic. Will it make your followers too jealous...and would it be incredibly insensitive and wrong to confess to the world that I tasted these beauties and they were melt-in-you-mouth amazing? I'm sure it was because I was driving A to school that day, you know I would have noticed the icing on your lips... but hey! Best lunch of my life.

    ReplyDelete