Friday, December 18, 2009

Grosgrains and satins and sheers, oh my!

I LOVE ribbon!
Once upon a time there was a fair mommy who wanted to open a baby boutique... She bought all of her very most favorite baby products and accessories and an abundance of RIBBON to wrap it all up with. She wanted everyone to feel enchanted when opening her lovely gifts.
To make a long story short - it didn't work out... BUT she did collect some beautiful ribbon. A few of her favorite kinds include:
and

Where do you purchase such ribbon?
may arts was my favorite ribbon wholesaler. So...if you happen to have a wholesale license and would like to purchase a lot of ribbon check them out(oh, and let me in on the order. I am running low and all out of my very favorites). You can also get great ribbon at scrap book stores. I don't think you can get it by the spool though. I have not found any fabric stores where I live that have "magical" ribbon but I bet some do.I have bought some recently at Michaels and it is just not the same, but will get me through for now. ha ha. I am not really that much of a "ribbon-snob", I just really "heart" it. Almost exactly the same way I love butter, only different.Ribbon just makes everything more beautiful and more special. I use it for: gifts, scrap booking, cards, hair, home decor (I have all of my Christmas cards hanging on ribbon with little clothes pins)... so anywhere and everywhere you would like to add a little love, add some ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. I love fun ribbon too!
    There is a plce close by called the ribbon retreat. I think their web address is www.ribbonretreat.com They have some fun ribbon, complete snobs if you opt to actually pick up your order yourself, but they do have some cool ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand--it's like candy!

    Dave bought me a yard of a pretty ribbon once that he saw me admire. I still have it tucked away because I'm too scared to use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out the ribbon retreat! I will be ordering soon. Well after Christmas. The double-ruffle is first on my list. Thanks Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may or may not have a love affair with ric rac. Especially "big ass" ric rac. It's huge. And makes any skirt or dress that much better. I may or may not have bought 80 yards of it in one day. In 4 different colors. Not to mention the yards and yards of mini, regular and jumbo. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was as cute as you. The pictures you take are how I feel I about pottery barn land: I want to go to there. It looks like a dream land of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em, I love your new blog! It's such a happy little place to be. I must say, I did feel quite enchanted when I opened up my gift from you before Pearl was born. I always think about how beautifully it was wrapped. It was the book "Guess How Much I Love You." It is still one of our very favorite books to read together. So yes, ribbon is good!!

    ReplyDelete